Halloween 2006 Report

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween was a tad bizarre this year. We didn't do pumpkin carving OR trick-or-treating.

First of all, we had a guest in from Germany this month, so that required some attention. Second of all, the house is still in mega-pieces from all the remodeling projects I'm into. Third of all, Robin and I alternated coming down with a truly nasty cold that landed us each in bed for several days in a row (albeit not the same days, which is good and bad news -- figure it out).

So the Halloween celebration turned into a variety of mini-celebrations strung over a number of days.

We attended the Magic Castle costume party on Friday night, where we also worked as volunteer Castle Knights. We got dolled-up for that party. He's a magician and I'm the Queen of Hearts -- of course! (Click any picture to enlarge it.)

We had a lot of fun, although I think Robin nearly passed out after I pushed him a little hard on the dance floor. He turned a shade of green I don't think I've ever seen before. He actually had to go lie down and recover for a bit.

It was fun to see all the costumes, and I always enjoy the amazing creativity that gets generated on Halloween. I used to love attending the West Hollywood costume parade, but usually we go to my sister's house and enjoy Trick-or-Treating with her kids. But since Robin was out of town on Halloween this year, we went up and did a little costume parade on Saturday afternoon at my sister's home. The whole family got in on the costume parade! We have the Superhero Parents, of course. The boy on the left is a "chick magnet," the little girl down front is a butterfly, the boy is a knight from "The Chronicles of Narnia," and the girl on the right is a half-dressed "Tokyo Pop Princess."

I had to get in on the act (of course), so I donned a little witchy-poo costume for the Saturday soccer game. The umbrella isn't normally part of the ensemble, but man it was HOT that day. I thought those striped stockings were going to melt right off my legs! ("I'm melting, I'm melting!"...)

I hope your Halloween was happy! BOO!

[get this widget]

0 comments: